Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Really?

I thought I was doing okay on the subject of putting body parts in inappropriate places.  I mean, I know I have boys.  I know I have years of discussions about body parts and inappropriate places.  We haven't had anything get stuck in ears or noses.  We haven't had issues with zippers or drawers with the boy bits.  No fingers in light sockets.

G is having a week with his feet, though.

Saturday, he got his foot stuck between the back and headrest of my husband's car.  I mean stuck.  We were on our way back from a playdate, so I pulled into a parking lot and tried to dislodge it.  No luck.  I tried calling my husband, thinking he would surely know how to adjust the headrest.  He wasn't answering.  So, since I was driving a Volvo, I went to the Volvo dealership.  It was really close.  I pulled to the service area, but there wasn't anyone around.  I then pulled to the front and went in the door.  The nice gentleman looked at me, probably hoping I was going to buy a car.  But no.

"Um, my son got his foot stuck in the passenger seat.  I can't figure out how to get it out.  I thought maybe as a Volvo dealership you could help?"  Then I laughed, because how absurd and ridiculous is it?!?

The guy came out, and with quite a bit of concern, dislodged G's foot.  (Shoving was involved.  It turns out the guy didn't know how to adjust the headrest.)  We all drove off, and I'm sure the guy had a good laugh.

Today he got his foot stuck in the armhole of a "puddle jumper," a kiddie flotation device.  It took a whole lot of tugging and pulling to fix that one.

Enough with the feet already, G!

On a nearly unrelated note, I discovered that my three-year-old has insanely stinky feet.  I was driving home from dinner tonight and he took off his shoes.  The smell was overwhelming.

Boys.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment