Sunday, September 22, 2013

Single Parent

So I know I don't get to act like some kind of saint, but last week was rough.  My husband was away on a trip, for fun, while I was home with both boys.  And my mom's out of town, so there wasn't any family around to help out.

We survived!  Yay!

I was expecting some kind of disaster related to my ADHD.  Forgetting someone's lunch.  Forgetting to pick up a kid.  Losing my wallet/keys/checkbook.  Not making it to an important meeting at work, of which there were several.  Someone getting sick, me needing to be away from school, and having no sub plans ready.

It all went very well!  I was exhausted by Friday, but everyone survived and I was as successful at work as I usually am.  A few little hiccups, but nothing terrible.  I did have a babysitter come Friday and put J to bed and get G ready for bed.  I went grocery shopping and bought ice cream I shouldn't have bought, but I ate some and threw the rest away.

So Hubs is home, and life can go back to low level craziness.  And I'll get back to posting regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment