Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Morning Routine

It is hard enough for me to set my own alarm, get showered and dressed, pack myself a lunch, and get all my stuff out the door for work.  I thank my mom and dad for working very hard to make me independent at these things as a kid so that I'm successful as an adult.  With kids, I have to pack lunches, sign folders, and send money for field trips. I just need G to start working on his part of the morning routine.  He's driving me nuts.

Every morning we have so much drama.  Drama about getting out of bed.  Drama about taking of the pajamas and putting on the clothes.  Drama about going downstairs for breakfast, and no detours to Daddy to play with his iPad!

So I have a checklist.  Its got little steps.  We are going to try tomorrow to see if he can do each thing and only be asked once for each step.  If he fusses or doesn't comply, he'll lose screen time.  Tomorrow morning with be a great experiment to see if he can handle the situation.  I was about to pull my hair out this morning.  That or leave for work and make him stay with Daddy.  Daddy does a really good "bad cop" routine.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment