Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So Far, So Good

I'm very pleased with how the school year is going so far for G.  Again, it really helps that he's at my school.  I keep a very close eye on things before and after school, so there's no messing around in the hallways.  I started out the year trying to avoid seeing G or being seen by G.  This week has seen my regular schedule start up, and I don't have time to breathe, much less wander around the school.

I've already seen improvement in reading and writing.  He's gained more sightwords, and he's not balking at the writing assignments like he has in the past.  Mind, he's really off-task during homework if we do it in the evenings.  It takes about twice as long as it should.  But he's pretty pleasant, so its not like pulling out wisdom teeth.

The teacher's positive behavior system is continuing to work.  She has a good handle on the classroom and the kids in it.

He's been sleeping well, and I'm not sure what that's due to.  I suspect its a mixture of being worked hard at school and then taking a medication that causes drowsiness.  I'm not unhappy about it- I hated my sleep issues as a kid, so I don't want G to have them.

I hope everyone else is having a great start to their school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment