Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Groceries for the Zombie Apocalypse

I have this problem.  I shop at Sam's Club like its the zombie apocalypse.  And not because I'm prepping for the zombies.  Its like they are after me while I'm in the store.  I lose all sense of what I need and what I already have.  Sometimes I make a list, but it doesn't help.  I usually forget to use the list or I forget to put important things on the list or I lose my list before I even get out of my car.

I went with my mom and G today, and I appear to have been a bit distracted by the living dead.  So I come home to find things like this:

I already have a dozen Uncrustables.  I don't really need two dozen more, especially not in the middle of spring break.

I have two boxes of breakfast protein bars for the boys, in four different flavors by two different brands.  Why did I think they were necessary?

Um, wait...  I had a box of six dozen packages of fruit snacks?  I thought we were almost out.

Never mind that I don't really have room for all this stuff.  I just have no concept of what we already have around the house (don't tell my husband).  I just buy more of what I know we use often, so that there's no way we'll run out.  I buy it more than we use it, so it just stockpiles.

I guess I'll be ready for the zombies, even if it's by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment