Friday, April 11, 2014

The Play, Part 2

It went pretty well!  G had his moments.  Before changing into his costume, he stood around hitting himself in the head with the costume in a grocery bag over and over again.

During the play, there were two issues.  The poster board shield was all over the place- above his head, over his face, curled around his hands...  Everywhere.  It was cute, though.  Not too weird, just cute.  I did end up "working" by sitting next to a boy with autism.  To assist with good behavior, I had a handful of gummy bears that I was passing off to him.  G saw me and wanted some.  When I said no, he wanted to argue and pout.  During the play.  (We talked about this later; Mommy was working, so she couldn't share the gummy bears.)

As we were leaving, there were a lot of sticks and rocks banging against trees, but that's boy stuff, right?  I mean, he wouldn't listen and come, but the sticks and rocks really are more interesting that us.  And he was really far away from the other kids.

Overall, it was a success.  Even more so because it wasn't my kid started to undress during the play.  Its all a matter of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment