Monday, December 2, 2013

The Junk Drawer

I don't know if everyone has a junk drawer in their home.  Everyone that I've met has one, but I'm not sure that I've met enough people to turn that into everyone.  I recently did a little cleaning of my junk drawer, and I was pretty amazed at what I found:

- 3 Thomas the Tank Engine zoo animals
- 2 Toy Story figurines from the grandparents' house
- About 300 small, loose stickers
- 1 roll of motivational stickers
- 1 baggie of magnets
- 1 card about the patron saint of selling houses
- 3 cards from my husband for various events
- 2 unspent giftcards, totaling $60
- 3 small bubble containers/wands
- 5 dry erase markers
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 3 pencils
- 2 bouncy balls
- 1 whistle
- 5 out-of-date coupons
- 10+ pieces of random candy
- 3 partially used packages of gum
- 2 unopened packages of gum
- 4 recipes I've never cooked
- 3 kazoos, all broken
- 2 packages of birthday candles
- 1 waterproof iPhone case

And a bunch of other stuff.  Anyone catch anything interesting in there?  How about those $60 in gift cards?  $10 for Starbucks from a parent, $50 from Amazon from my brother-in-law and his girlfriend.  Both from Christmas last year.  As in, about 11 months ago.  Wow.  I guess I couldn't decide how to spend the cards when I got them, so I put them in a "safe place" to await some decisions.  I totally forgot they were there.  I bought myself a yarn swift on Amazon, which should come soon.  I'm going to have a cup o' joe from Starbucks one day this week, or maybe get a new travel mug.

As silly as it feels to have forgotten about $60 of gifts, it certainly made for a nice surprise.  If only cleaning my house always yielded such delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment