Saturday, July 13, 2013

My name is Marie, I'm a craft-a-holic.

Its seriously a problem for me.  I am in the process of cleaning out my craft room, which is a three week project.  I can't bring myself to just trash the fabric and other craft supplies.  I can't bring myself to donate them.  What is no one loves that blue zebra print upholstery fabric like I do?  What if some of that just ends up in the trash?  I just texted a friend to ask her to come get some of my craft supplies.  Thankfully, she said yes.  I might just be enabling her addiction, but its better than having it all in my house!

Its not just the fabric.  I recently spent $500 on $2,000 worth of yarn when a local store went out of business.  I don't have plans for all the yarn.  There's just so much of it!  And yet, when given a gift card to Michael's, I went and bought more yarn.  Who does that?!?

At some point, I'll post a picture of my unfinished projects.  That'll come after I finish cleaning out my craft room and find them all.  My first quilt, pieced in high school, still isn't completely finished.  I graduated in 1997 for Pete's sake.

My husband is a good man for putting up with this.  Of course, he usually doesn't know exactly what I have and how much I have of it.  He just closes the door, like a good neurotypical man, and goes on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment