Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sick Joke

My life is starting to seem like the punch-line of a joke.

This morning on our way from the car to the school building, G was quite loquacious.  He was talking about anything and everything, skipping from topic to topic.  He couldn’t get out of the car because he was playing with the iPad, trying to get his backpack, and talking- too many things at once.


I finally got him to exit the car and he was heading toward the school building.  This is what I heard:


“I like Minecraft.  It has creepers and Enderman…


I’m going to keep playing.  Maybe I’ll play Subway Sur…  


(Insert wild motion of whipping head back and forth to look before crossing the parking lot.)


I can carry the iPad like this...


Maybe there are some crystals [small white rocks] here by the- SQUIRREL!”


Sure enough, a squirrel was by the front doors of the school.  My poor boy- he doesn’t need small furry animals jumping out from behind a pillar to be distracted.  He does just fine, all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment