Sunday, March 9, 2014

Temper Tantrums

Without ADHD.

I WANT THAT!
No, Dear.
YES MOMMY.  NOW.  I WANT THAT NOW.
J, I said no.  

Cue ten minutes of high-pitched screaming.

Kicking of walls, punching of any animate or inanimate item within a ten foot radius.

More screaming, this time enough to make you afraid that the neighbors are going to call 9-1-1.

Red face, blood vessels bursting in the eyes.

Tears, coughing, and nearly puking.

Small person yelling, "I don't like you, Mommy.  You're mean.  You're not my mommy anymore."

Then a ten minute time out, only to discuss the incident and find out that said small person either isn't actually sorry or says that they can't remember why they were sent to time out.  Loads of drama.

With ADHD.

I WANT THAT!
No, Dear.
YES MOMMY.  NOW.  I WANT THAT NOW.
G, I said no.

Cue thirty seconds of screaming, to be followed by,

"Mommy, do owls eat birds?"

Every once in awhile, I can come up with the silver lining for ADHD.  And the inability to pay attention long enough to have a proper tantrum is one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment