Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wrapping Up Summer

Okay, okay.  I didn't post at all in two months.  I'll recap some things, at least as far as the ADHD goes.

- G won the "Most Improved Reader" award for his class at the end of first grade.  I got teary at the assembly.

- I took both kids and my mother-in-law to the beach for a week.  The tired-boys part was awesome.  Putt-putt in the evening when they had no coping skills, not so much.

- I rode across the country in the front seat of a CRV, navigating for my mom, the driver, and hanging out with G in the backseat.  We saw the Gateway Arch, "Rount Mushmore", Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and the Great Salt Lake.  It was two weeks of travel, and I loved it.

- Halfway across the country, I called my husband to tell him to bring the Focalin when he came out to California to meet us.  We were trying to up the Intuniv, which made G sleepy.  He slept through most of Yellowstone!  (We were probably lucky- some of the overlooks were sheer drop-offs; we might have lost him at one of them.)  So we took him off the meds altogether.

- Yes, half of my trip across the country was with G unmedicated.  If alcohol didn't screw with MY medicine, I would've been drinking cosmos each evening.  But he was awake and enthusiastic!

- Once arriving in California, my husband arrived with Focalin.  Back to 10mg Focalin XR in the morning, plus melatonin and 1 mg Intuniv at bedtime.  Best we can hope for.

Its been a great summer.  Grand adventures, and of course, more to come in the months ahead.  I was just rereading the May entry that is the last post before this one.  G still has a dark grey mark where he stabbed himself with the pencil.  Really?  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment