Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crazy Cat Family

In the words of my sister, my life must not be crazy enough.  We got kittens last week.  Hugo and Hermione are about three months old, and we rescued them from the humane society.  They are rambunctious, adorable, exciting, and cute!  The boys LOVE them, and we love them.  They hang out together at home in a bathroom while we are at work, keeping each other company and snoozing away.  At night, they sleep with us in our room, and they enjoy messing with my hair.
We are working with G on how to treat these darling kitties.  So far, this is the list of don'ts that he has learned:
- Don't pick them up by the tail.
- Don't touch their bums.
- Don't pull on their legs.
- Don't hit them with the octopus toy on a string.
- Don't stick your hands in the litter box.
- Don't stick your head in the littler box.
- Don't stick anything in the litter box.
- Don't go near the @$&# littler box.
They don't appear terrified of him yet, although they do tend to scurry away from any of us if they think we are going to scoop them up and put them in the bathroom.  We will have to see how the next month or so goes, and I'm interested in seeing if the kitties have to defend themselves anytime soon.  
I am very much in favor of natural consequences for my kids, and I think a good hand-scratching could lead to gentler handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment