Monday, October 28, 2013

See? I have ADHD, too!

I have many friends and colleagues that seem skeptical about my ADHD.  I've held down a job for an extended amount of time.  I have managed to keep some of the same hobbies for decades, such as quilting and knitting.  I'd say I'm fairly successful as an adult.

However, I can't stick with things.

This blog, for example.  I fell off the face of the earth.  Its okay- school got busy.

My quilting, for example.  I still do it.  I just haven't finished more than half of what I've started.  My first quilt ever, started while I was in high school, is still unfinished.  (I graduated in 1997...)  I started a quilt with the clothes of my friend's father.  Its less than halfway done, over a year in.

I started needle-pointing a stocking for J soon after he was born.  Its nowhere near done, and this will be his fourth Christmas.

Hopefully this winter will give me some time inside to get some projects finished.  Anyone out there have advice on how to get these projects all completed?  All the new ones call me away before real progress gets made!

No comments:

Post a Comment