Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I guess I forgot to knock on wood...

Because homework has been awful!  I think there are two reasons that its been so bad recently.

First, G has hit a wall.  The novelty of the beginning of school is done, the shine is gone.  All that writing he has to do?  Not fun anymore.  Now it just sucks.

Second, the work is getting harder.  Its getting difficult for me to swallow my thoughts and just have him do what his teacher has assigned.  I don't always see the point of his assignments, but his teacher is also a colleague.  She's so nice and organized, and I see lots of positives.  I refuse to air negatives to G, and I also try very hard to never air negatives to our colleagues.  However, I don't like all the assignments, and the one time I tried to ask for an alternate way of doing the work, I got shot down.

What do I do?  Some of the assignments are pointless or could be done a different way.  I don't want to be the crazy parent that harasses her, especially since we work together.  I don't think we'd qualify for a 504 plan to get the assignments altered.

Rock and hard place.  That's where we are at.  For now, I'll just keep trying to stay sane while G is having meltdowns over all the homework, and I'll farm some of it off to Hubby.  I deal with kids with ADHD that don't want to do their work all day long.  It'll be his turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment